Sunday, September 8, 2013

Summer 2013

Well hello everyone! No I have not died, I am still alive and kicking! As usual, it has been awhile since I have had time to write. My adventures in Arizona were a lot of fun. I met great people, enjoyed the wonderful sunshine, and had just an all around blast. At the end of the training program, I drove from Phoenix to Utah (picked up my cousin Zach) and then made my way up to Alaska. We made it up in 2 1/2 days....the sights were incredible (I kind of can't wait to do it again) but oh boy were we excited to make it to North Pole and see the family!

Since returning, I have been working as a Transportation Supervisor for HAP Alaska-Yukon again. I turned 21 (woot woot), went through the training program myself and received my Commercial Driver's License within 3 weeks of starting the program. Driving the motorcoaches was REALLY overwhelming at first, but now it is an absolute blast. Because we are short on driver's, I've been working 80 hours every week, one day off, and a majority of those days I have been giving tours locally, or driving to Denali. I ended up having the opportunity to overnight in Denali and went into the park for the first time (I've lived in Alaska all my life, but this was the first time I've ever been in the park, CRAZY!). We didn't end up seeing any animals, but oh boy were the colors BEAUTIFUL! People say that Alaska doesn't have the pretty fall colors, well they are wrong! There were beautiful reds, oranges, yellows, and greens (pines). I felt truly blessed to say that I live in such a beautiful place.

Last week, my Aunt Terri made the trip up from Wyoming to help move my Grandma Koele up from Anchorage to North Pole. We are so excited to have her closer to us, it'll make life a little less stressful for mom who is constantly worrying about her. She lives right across the street now from my siblings school, so they will get to spend time with Grandma when they get out of school.

Seth has gotten so big, he's only a half inch shorter than me now (it's so crazy, I remember holding him when Mom brought him home from the hospital). He is really excited for wrestling season to start. Leah has turned into quite the little beauty too. Her talent for singing has gotten even better, she astounds me with her talent! Mom loves her job at my old high school. I haven't had much of a chance to see or hang out with my Daddy this summer, we've both been working opposite shifts but he's up to the same ole same ole.

I have enjoyed working for Holland America and Princess immensely this summer, but I'm definitely ready for a break...it's been a lot of hard work but I've met so many more great people, both employee's and guests. The people all make it worth it.

I can't help but feel so blessed for having this job, and being able to see my family. I feel like I have so many paths to choose from for my life and it's a little overwhelming. I am so grateful for the support that I have received from my family and that I am sure I will continue to receive. There are definitely changes on the horizon for me, so keep looking for more posts!

Lots of love,

Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment