Friday, October 5, 2012

St. George

Before I tell of my adventures in St. George, I just want to say thanks to Daniel and all of his family for being so gracious/accepting of me while I was there (they were awesome!) I had an amazing time getting to know them all!

After Daniel picked me up from the airport, we went over to his older sister and brother-in-law's, Lilia and Houston, house to meet everyone. I get introduced to adults and children alike and am plopped down in a chair so Lilia can do my hair for me. I got blonde highlights (starting to become a favorite of mine) and a slight trim to my hair; I LOVE IT! Meanwhile, Daniel's mom, Linda, is showing all the beautiful vintage clothing she picked up that day to sell on her Etsy store. We all chit chatted (only as women can) while the men went outside to look/talk about cars (I can only assume at least. . .I wasn't out there). Then Daniel's older brother and his wife came by, Chance and Meleah (I'm really sorry if I am butchering names here!) with their kids as well as his step-sister and her husband, Kerri and I actually didn't catch her husbands name. Seeing all the kids together reminded me what it was like when my cousins, siblings, and I are like when we got together (our poor parents), LOUD and FUN!

When the boys got back, we unloaded everything from Daniel's Subaru that he was selling to Chance and Meleah and packed it all in Kurt and Linda's car for the drive back to St. George. On the way we stopped at Yogurt Land (mmmmm, my FAVORITE!) and for the rest of the drive I pretty well slept. . .I was absolutely exhausted from all the traveling. But of course once we got to St. George I was wide a wake (at least for a little while) I got all set up in my room and then Daniel and I went out and watched some Once Upon a Time (yes, he started watching that. . .it about made my day when I found out!) and then he came and tucked me in to bed (seriously he can be the sweetest guy).

The next morning, I woke up the sounds of cooking, the smell of crepes, and a bloody nose! You know your back in Utah when you get three bloody noses in one day. I rushed into the bathroom to take care of it just as Daniel is getting out of bed, he asks if he can do anything in which I said no (again super sweet, but there's not much you can do to help with a bloody nose). Then we all got to enjoy delicious and healthy crepes for breakfast. Afterwards, Linda got a bunch of different outfits for her Etsy store and had Daniel and I model them for her (hee hee, Daniel kept making fun of me until he had to do it). It was a lot of fun, but it sure does make me happy not to be a model for a career, it was slightly exhausting! The boys then split as fast as they could to get things to fix the motorcycle that Daniel got from his twin, David, while Linda and I watched Vampire Diaries (wow, a lot happens in the third season!). When the boys came home we ate a Salad for dinner and Daniel made me a deal that if I would let him work on his motorcycle for a while that he would then take me around St. George. So I watched a couple more episodes, chatted with Linda and then we headed out.

I wish I would have gotten some pictures but alas, I forgot. First he took me to this place where we hike a little ways up, and then had this AMAZING view of all of St. George. We could see Main St. (or the drag), the first Chapel, the Temple, and more. It was absolutely incredible, and it was great to share with him. Then we climbed back down, got in the car, and drove down to the temple so that we could walk around the grounds. They were pretty spectacular. . .it reminded me a lot of the Mesa, Arizona temple. I got even luckier because then we went to Cafe Rio (probably one of my most favorite restaurants ever) and split the Pulled Pork salad. Mmmmmmm!!!

When we got home, we watched the Avengers with his family (that movie seems to hold a special place in my heart right now). We even watched a little more Vampire Diaries (somehow I saw the season finale even though I was like ten or so episodes behind, meh whatev's). Again I was tucked into bed like a good little girl and I finished reading my book before going to bed.

Before heading out the next morning, I heated up left overs for the two of us, we headed picked up a couple more parts for his motorcycle. Then we had to scramble to find car keys because his Mom and Step-dad didn't get back before I left. I got there just in time, and this time I was able to keep it together (I might have cried a little bit when he left AK).

I absolutely loved my trip to St. George/Vegas, and I definitely cannot wait to go back soon. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment