Saturday, November 3, 2012

3 November 2012

I am thankful for. . . . 
PERSPECTIVE

I'm sure many of you will be able to relate to this, so that is why I chose perspective today. There are countless times that I haven't thought things through, or ignore the warnings that have been given to me by friends or family members (funny how this is following a post about my family and some advice they gave me haha). When I was a little kid, I always wanted to be a big kid so that I could stay up late, go fishing/hunting, do "fun" projects in school, etc. What I didn't realize was that while I was wishing for these things, I was letting precious moments fly past me. Unfortunately this didn't change as I got older; I would wish to be able to work so I could have money, be done with school so that I could move out of state to start the life of my dreams, meet Mister Right, etc. 

But this time I didn't let all  the moments pass me by. I enjoyed the memories that were made with friends and family, dated around, and documented a lot of them (thus all the pictures on Facebook). It wasn't until I started getting what "dreamed" of that I realized just how easy life was and that I had listened to everyone (especially my Mom and Daddy). Jobs aren't all they are cracked up to be; you have irresponsible co-workers, schedules, and people that are relying upon you. Then of course there are bills and school to pay, as well as being responsible with your time and school work. It's a lot of work. . .but it is TOTALLY WORTH IT! 

Again I have learned from my mistakes, instead of wishing for things to be like the past or waiting for the future I am learning to live in the moment. I cherish every moment that I have, no matter how stressful it is, because I know that I will look back on these days and have many fond memories. Life is what you make it, if you choose to have a crappy attitude than yes life is going to suck, but if you choose to put it into perspective and look for the good, you will find that it will be a lot harder to become depressed or upset by things. And remember that even when times are hard, they will get easier eventually. YOU have the power to change how bad things are in your life. Is it your life that sucks, or your attitude? 

Live in the moment and love life! 

Lots of love, 

Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment