Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Festivities

Hello Everyone,

I hope y'all had a FANTASTIC Halloween, be it with family, friends, or both. I myself went up to up to Fruit Heights with Sidney and her husband Dan, to go see her family. I hadn't seen Sid's family since they had gotten married last February. We all had an absolute blast!

Cherise and I caught up on all that had happened since February; she asked all kinds of questions about Daniel. She then told me that I had better bring him up to stay for a night or two so that they could meet him; in other words, Daniel has to be approve :D haha I informed him that we would be making a trip up and he seemed excited to  do so.

Anyways, back to Halloween. The Cragun's have this cool family tradition; instead of passing out candy they have a fire going and hot chocolate to give out to everyone as they go by. So not only did we get to see all of the fun Halloween costumes, but we were also able to chat with people as they came by. Sidney's Grandparents came by, as well as Alysha and her boyfriend Brett. Later on in the evening, Brett entertained us with some fire tricks. It was pretty sweet.

For Halloween, I decided comfort was key as well as modesty. And boy, let me tell you. Trying to find just a modest costume is RIDICULOUS; then try to add in comfort! Phew, it was like asking for the impossible...that is until I went to class last Saturday (we had to dress up) and two of the girls there were dressed up like people from the 80's. BINGO!!! I have never had anything to wear for 80's days or Disco nights at the Roller Rink here, so I decided that it would be worth the "investment" to get some. Not to mention that I needed to get some comfy athletic leggings. I had comfort, cuteness, and it was modest. I was pretty much in heaven all day yesterday! Dan and Sidney dressed up as a football player and cheerleader; they were ADORABLE! Unfortunately I was so busy that I wasn't able to get any pictures. . .sorry! I will have to remember to do a better job of that :D

Anyways lots of love!

Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment