Monday, November 5, 2012

5 November 2012

I am thankful for. . .
m|u|s|i|c

Music has always been a huge part of my life. I can remember growing up there would always be music playing in the car (Country for Mom, Rock and Roll for Daddy). You might say it was in my blood; Mom went to All-State for choir throughout High School and to All-Northwest as a Sophomore. In Elementary school we had music (I'm not quite sure I would call it music now though. . .) performances every year. When I was in High School, choir was a big part of my life; my Senior year I went to All-State as well (such an absolute blast). You could say I have been a little bit lost without choir, however I have found other ways to participate in musical things. At my old apartment complex we had several people that played the guitar and we would all get together and do sing-alongs. I also do Church choir as well. 

The thing that I love about music is that there are so many songs out there; they describe so many different emotions, events, and things in general. Many songs are even about the same thing, however what you feel can be so different based upon the song. It is sometimes the easiest way to express how you are feeling. When you are feeling down, you can listen to an upbeat song that will "wipe the blues away" or when you are cleaning the house you can blast the music as loud as you want, all the while dancing and singing at the top of you lungs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment