Sunday, November 4, 2012

4 November 2012

I am thankful for. . .
Alaska

I was lucky enough to have a really unique childhood compared to others. I always had a white Christmas, I basically grew up on the rivers (yet somehow I still do not know how to prepare a rigging for my fishing pole), and had all kinds of fun adventures with my family and friends. There are so many things that I have learned from Alaska; how to appreciate nature and it's beauty, how to cook while camping, stop to smell the roses, etc. Of course there are the downfalls, such as flight costs to get out of there, life can be a little "small townish" and therefore too sheltered. But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Alaska is such a beautiful place; you see things up there that you might only see in magazines or pictures any where else. The memories there are one in a million. I hope that when I start having kids, I will be able to bring them up there to see the wonders of Alaska. 

Lots of love to you all!

Ashlyn 

2 comments:

  1. Alaska is a GREAT place to raise a family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It cost too much to try to go anywhere though. . .

    ReplyDelete