Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fishing Trip

In June I took my annual trip to Homer to see my family, and Daniel tagged along too. We left early on Saturday morning so that we could have time to stop in Anchorage and do some shopping (yes, even Daniel needed to go shopping for some much needed things) and then get down to Homer. While we were in Homer, Daniel stayed in my grandparents mobile trailer (and threatened within an inch of his life if he even thought about sneaking into the house to have a little rendezvous with me) with my little brother.

We were able to go out fishing for halibut and we even caught a couple of cod. For Daniel, I think this was especially fun, because as far as I know, he hasn't ever been deep sea fishing (I could be wrong though). We had our lines set up so that we had two hooks; on Daniel's last cast he caught a halibut on each hook. When we got home Daniel helped Daddy and Grandpa skin the fish, while I helped Mom and Grandma package the fish.
Daniel with all the Fish we caught
Seth's massive cod
The next day the weather was really bad for fishing, so I took Daniel and my siblings into Homer to go look around the Homer spit, the Visitors Center, and the beach.

While at the Spit we just looked around all the different little shops that were there; laughing at some of the little tourist gimmicks for sale. We then went to the Visitors Center; if you are ever in Homer you really need to go see the Visitors Center, it was BEAUTIFUL and very informative!



Seth and Leah with Wilfred T. Walrus
Daniel and I then took Seth and Leah out to lunch at a little Mexican resturant that had some really good food! When we got home, all of my extended family from the area came up for a BBQ. The house was little crowded so Daniel and I ended up going for a walk, we picked some wild-flowers for him to press and show his guests at work. All in all, I had a blast! I always love going down to Homer to see my family and go fishing; we always have a grand old time!

No comments:

Post a Comment