Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Trip to Arizona

So for those of you that don't know I am not attending BYU right now. I did not take my schooling seriously and have been put on to Academic Suspension until next Winter semester at least. There will be more to come on what my plans are for this Fall Semester in another post.

Due to not having school last semester, I was able to go and visit some family friends of mine in Arizona. It was a much needed vacation! I was there for about two and a half weeks, staying with the Momma Jo and Kaitlyn. While there I did so many fun things: I got to see Ciera and her two adorable children, go to the Pheonix zoo, watch Kaitlyn win state at a cheer competition, see my first rugby game, and I also got to meet the family of a good friend of mine. Oh and I forgot to mention the awesome weather while I was there; I was able to lay out and get a nice tan in February and March (being from AK that has NEVER happened to me before!)

Can I just say that Ciera has the cutest little kids?!?! I mean look at them!

They are just so precious! Reagan and Bryson's Mommy and Daddy LOVE basketball, so I know I shouldn't have been surprised to see Reagan pop the "It's TOO Easy" but I was. It actually about made my day to see her do that :D

The Pheonix zoo was INCREDIBLE! I was very happy to learn that Ciera didn't like reptiles either so we were able to avoid that part *PHEW* One of my favorite things there was seeing the Peacocks that just walked around like they owned the place. The were BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I think Ciera and the kids' favorite part was when I went to look at the Orangutan in the Monkey house, I walked straight into the glass. . .Now I know how the Magpies feel on the Windex commercials! It was quite comical.

Unfortunately I forgot to get pictures from when I met the Willett family, so hopefully I can paint a good enough picture with words. Before I left for Arizona, I was chatting with my friend Jason telling him that I was contemplating going on a mission in another year and a half but wasn't too sure; my mom was/is very supportive of it but my dad wasn't so I was a little confused on what to do. When I mentioned this to Jason, he told me that while I was in Arizona I should get in touch with his sister that had just gotten back from her mission a few months before. . .so I did! And I am so glad that I did! Melanie was such a wonderful person to meet; the stories from her mission were incredible and reaffirmed that should I chose to go on a mission I would be blessed! I was also able to go to dinner at the Melanies house and her family was so inviting, I felt so at home there. We even got to watch some family videos of the Willet children as they were growing up (I still haven't let Jason live that down!)

My time in Arizona made me realize that I definitely want to live in a warmer climate; it was like Heaven on Earth! But all good things must come to an end, so I packed my bags and headed off to my next adventure; FLORIDA!

No comments:

Post a Comment