Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FloRiDa

For the longest time I used to only be able to say that the farthest east I have ever been was Utah, and the farthest south I have ever been was Los Angeles, California. Well after being surprised at Christmas with a trip to DisneyWorld with my family, I can now say that I have spanned the Unites States and the farthest east and south I have been is Florida. And boy was it MUGGY! I felt like I was breathing water, but of course I still loved it! I was able to spend time with my family in the happiest place on earth, as well as increase my beautiful tan!

Our first night in DisneyWorld we went to a fancy little resturant called Narcoossee's (my mom was able to get all our meals free when we went, so all we had to pay is tip! She's teaching me all the tricks of the trade to make family vacations affordable) where I had lobster for the first time! They definitely know how to do seafood in Florida (unlike Utah) and it was delectable.

The next day we spent the day in Animal Kingdom; it was so neat how they had the animals spread out throughout the park. Most of the animals we at the Safari ride, however in a few of the mini lakes there were monkey habitats like you would see in India! I was so cool; I don't remember what type of monkey they were, but if they were a tan color then they were female and if they were black then they were male. They definitely liked to put on a show for us when it was time to eat! We all loved it!

The second day we went to Hollywood Studios (Hollywood Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster) and it was another thrilling, jam packed day. As we were waiting in line for the Rockin' Rollercoaster it actually began to rain (thankfully I had my hair up AND we were undercover at that point). Because we were there during sprink break, the lines were exceptionally long, but I had my phone to keep me occuppied :D Once we actually got inside, we were plenty occuppied looking at all the cool things around us:
Ceiling as we walked in

The walls

These were the doors; there were tiny marbles in a little grid (some little kids decided to get musical with them. . .they weren't very good though)

After the Rockin' Rollercoaster the boys decided to split off from the girls and we got to go and see Beauty and the Beast performed as a play. If you know me, then you know how much I love Beauty and the Beast (I could pretty much watch it on loop for forever and be really happy)

That night Daddy took the kids and mom and I went to go see Fantasmic. . .or so we thought. There was a huge rainstorm with a little bit of thunder so it ended up getting canceled. I begged mom to wait for the next one to see if that one would get canceled but she didn't (and it was not canceled) Instead we got to listen to Disney music and dance around in the rain. I was in heaven, all I need was a boy to give me a kiss in the rain (maybe next time).

Our third day was devoted to Epcot. It really is hard to put Epcot into words, by far it was my FAVORITE! The Garden festival was going on while we were there, so all around the park there were Disney character topiaries






The other really neat thing about Epcot is that the back half is an Explore the World theme; as you walk around different areas are made to look like a country. And in each country is the Disney characters that are from there. In France we had Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast; in Tokyo we had Car's from their second movie, and Germany we had Snow White. There were many other countries represented too. Here are some pictures of the architecture:


Canada (background)



Germany













In "Japan," they had a store where you could pick-a-pearl, so my mom got my sister and I necklace holders before we came to DisneyWorld and we went and picked a pearl for our necklace (mine was more of a brown in tone/color, I loved it!)



That evening my mom even arranged for us to go to a special Princess Dinner where we got to see Belle, Ariel, Aurora, and Snow White. The food was eh, but it was still totally worth it!

The next day we went to Magic Kingdom (AHHHHHHH) which is basically the same thing as DisneyLand. However the rides that they do have in common are still different, thus it is a new experience. I much preferred the Space Mountain in DisneyWorld to that of Disneyland, it was completely pitch black and you really did not have any idea where you would be going. The coolest thing is that when we went, we got to stay in the park until 3 AM (we could have kept going but they had to close sometime I guess). We went on the Tea Cup ride (I almost made my mom sick on it!)
My favorite thing about Magic Kingdom was getting to see the Castle all lit up and watching Wishes (they put pictures that have been taken that day up on the Castle with the cutest little song) I felt like a little Princess!

Anyways, that in a nutshell was my trip to DisneyWorld. Ohhh one of the major differences between Magic Kingdom and Disneyland is that there is no longer a Toon Town in the Magic Kingdom; they just opened up a land called New Fantasy land, it wasn't open when we went but it has opened since then.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment